Monday, July 21, 2008
OK. SO I here going blogging again. Basically, this is just to put a "plug" in for my card making business (invitations, collages, postcards, you name it, I'll do it)
The blogspot is under construction, but you can still read about it. Go to http://www.whitefigcards.blogspot.com/
Or just email me at email@example.com
My stuff is cheap and I love making anything and everything.
OK. I'm done.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
For some reason, ever since I got married, I have totally been into every holiday there is on the calendar, and this V-day was no different. Besides the fact that my kitchen was completely coordinated (placemats, plates, cups, cake stand, etc.") I decided that I would bring this nifty pancake making gadgets up to my in-laws to have a pancake party. And of course, the pancakes were in the shapes of hearts. We had such a fun time trying to figure out how on earth to use the contracption, and I don't think we ever got a "heart shaped" pancake out of it......but it was fun nonetheless :) OH, and I should mention, this all took place the day before V-day.....
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
n A bit about your sweetheart
- What is his name? Jason
- How long have you been married? About 2 & a half years
- How long did you date? We dated for about a year, and were engaged for about a year
- How old is he? 30
- Who eats more? Definitely Jason...I am super picky, but I LOVE candy!! Anything BUT Chocolate
- Who said "I Love You" first? Jason. We were watching a movie squishing into those tiny twin sized dorm beds watching a movie (no...on that twin sized bed, nothing "bad" happened."
- Who is smarter? I think we are both smarter in different ways and with different subjects
- Whose temper is worse? MINE! I don't think Jason has a temper......
- Who does the laundry? Jason....he is always on top of it!
- Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me...or else I sleep in the guest room because Jason snores incredibly loud.....
- Who cooks dinner? Right now, it's all for one and one for all......we both work and Jason is usually hungry before I get home....we are totally dedicated to starting doing Crockpot Stuff
- Who drives when you are together? Jason.....I get SO sick of driving
- Who is more stubborn? This definitely is a 100% Tie....we are both so stinking stubborn, you'd think there are 2 Germans living under the same roof!
- Whose parents do you see the most? It just depends on the week or what events are going on....for the most part, it's pretty equal
- Who proposed? Jason. He took me to the Roof @ the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial bldg and our table was right next to the window overlooking the pond @ temple square. He knew my favorite sont (and the one I wanted to be played 1st at our reception) is Frank Sinatra's " It had to be You." So as we are walking back from getting dessert, I hear the pianist play "it had to be you." Next think I know, Jason was on his knees...
- Who has more friends? Jason doesn't keep in contact with any HS or College Friends, so he has become friends with my friends
- Who has more siblings? We both have 3....I have 3 brothers, and Jace has 1 bro and 2 sisters
- Who wears the pants in the family? Duh! Me of course! Doesn't the woman always wear the pants?
- What's your most embarrassing moment? I have too many to list.............
- Have you ever been skinny dipping? Where? Yep. I take the 5th on saying when and where
- Where do you see yourself in 20 years? Honestly, I have NO clue. I want to really get into making art / cards/ etc. and hopefully be able to have kids....adopted of biological
- Have you ever snuck out? I was a good kid, and my parents trusted me, so I never felt the need to "sneak out"
- Who is your hero / role model? My Parents and my Brother-in-law, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor at age 14, was in remission 5 years later, and is serving a full time mission and his passion is amazing!
- What's Your Favorite Book? I love reading Non-fiction Medical or Psychological mags and books....I guess that's what happens when you are a therapist
- What's Your Favorite Quote: Again, I have too many to quote....but I love anything Anne Taintor has to say, and I have tissues that have a lady and the words, "Frugal is SUCH an UGLY word."
I am tagging Leslie, Liz, Katie, DeDe, and whoever else wants to join in......
Friday, January 25, 2008
So, no big suprise to those of you who know me well.....I once again got hurt. I went to sit down at work on a big roller chair, and missed it by a hair and went down hard and cracked my tailbone. OUCH! It's hurts so freaking bad. It hurts to sit, lay, stand, whatever.
Not much is new in the Helme Family. Honestly. Except that we might think about having kids sooner than we planned on because the ER doc showed me comparisons of a normal, healthy 25 year old spine, and the spine of a 70 something woman, and mine was identical to the 70 something.
I have struggled majorly with deciding what to do.
Sorry, I just had to pour my soul out a bit. I just get so angry at myself for ruining my bones. The Doc said that I had better have "one child ASAP" and then tie my tubes so I can start on old lady meds like Fosamax or Boniva. Man, my life is like one bad curse. At least I have an amazing husband and family.
OK......on the brighter side, I am so into V-day this year. I think I will have a party with all my girlfriends and their spouses and throw an "ugly sweater and pancake party." I even bought heart shaped pancake makers and decked out my kitchen table with valentine day decor.
It's wierd that I don't really like the Major Holidays....CHristmas, Thanksgiving, but I love Halloween and V-day. I don't have any cool pics to post right now, so I Just thought I would post clip art that represent my life right now.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
***MERRY CHRISTMAS***This Christmas was awesome! It was so great to be around all my family, and I've always known it, but honestly, I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such an awesome family! We all agreed that we really should have chosen to forgo the gift giving, because in reality, all we all wanted was a picture and a little time with our only niece. I love her to bits! The girls came up with a conclusion as to how we would do Christmas next year. Christmas at our house is always over the top, and we all have more than we need, so each girl (Lindz, Me, Cristen, and Mom) will choose a name and give the only gift to the person whose name we drew........catch is, IT HAS TO BE HANDMADE! I love that idea.
We also decided that the boys would choose one person to buy for, and they could go shopping. I don't really want to think about Jason using my sewing machine.......yikes....
This Christmas, we had some exciting news!!!!
My oldest Bro Jed, proposed to his girlfriend Cristen on Christmas Eve. He let me see the ring before he proposed, and it is GORGEOUS!!! Talk about one romantic stud muffin with style!
My brother is sooooo happy now that she is in his life, and that makes me think so highly of Cristen! I cannot WAIT to have another sister!
Of course, most important was that everyone had to be around Josephine all day, every day.
But she loves her Omie (my mom) the very best. She always says, "Omie? Omie?" and as soon as my mom appears, she gets the BIGGEST grin EVER and snuggles with her.
We literally had so much fun spending time together. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves....
#1- Josie examining the wacky alligator from Jace and I
#5- Josie choosing her favorite ornaments off the tree
#6 - Hmmmm......No title
My first Christmas with my first niece, a new soon-to-be sister, and my entire family all together.....feasting on seafood from Market Street....What more could I ask for?
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
I found a few stored photos of me in 2004 when I did the Echo Triathalon. Too bad there aren't any of me biking or running. At least I have hard copies of those. Like I said before, not much happens in our lives that render picture taking, so I have to dig several years back to find anything to post, so I don't give up on the blogging altogether.
Friday, December 14, 2007
Saturday, December 8, 2007
So I am finally just buckling down and fufilling my dutiful blogging obligations to post when tagged, so here goes 6 Random Facts: (let's face it though, my life is an open book.There is little one doesn't know about me.)
- A long time ago in a far away place named Kansas City, Missouri, there was a gas station that had diet pepsi, diet dr. pepper, and red creme fanta soda. So I mixed those and Jason christened the name for that drink, "My Concoction." Lo and Behold, 2 weeks later, out comes Diet Pepsi Jazz, Strawberries and Creme, and I swear, I had died and gone to heaven. I like to think that I truly invented that first.
- I truly have found my passion in life. I always thought it was to be some super athlete, but really, I am most happy when I am making cards for friends, family, and others. It has been an excellent therapeutic outlet and I am so happy I am allowing myself to TRY and CONTINUE TRYING, no matter how loud my perfectionistic mind is.
- I love Audrey Hepburn. If I could come back again in life, I'd be her for sure. I am slowly trying to convert my wardrobe to all Black, Creme, White, and Grey.
- I, like Leslie, have the worst teeth ever. After trying 4...count them....4 crowns on one tooth (and don't you worry, I've got almost all my teeth crowned) I have to get a *GASP* implant and a veneer. Like I can pull $3000 bucks outta my butt. I say pull the stupid thing. I can relate to Leslie and the cavity bit. The lowest number I have ever had was 4, the highest, 8 or 9. My hubby has perfect teeth. No cavities at all. SUCKS when it comes time to pay dental insurance. I do have to say that I cannot just blame this on my horrible teeth grinding. I chew bubble gum like it will be gone tomorrow. And I can't pawn this off to genetics either, unfortunatley.
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE listening to talk radio on AM stations. I honestly could not tell you one popular song out right now. I am hooked on Rush, Sean Hannity, Dave Ramsey, and Glenn Beck. I mean, while you are sitting in traffic, why not educate yourself, right?
- I don't accept traditional gender roles....completely. Of course, this leads to my family calling my a feminazi, which I am not, but I just think that it is 100% fair that while no kidlets are in the picture, all household duties are 50/50. I don't always think the woman has to cook and clean. The guy can do it just as well! Jason does the Laundry, I dustbust around the house.....hehehe....no, but really, nothing makes my hair stand on end more than when a family eats dinner and the men get up, walk away from the table, and go watch T.V. Me? I'm like, "Get your bum back in here and help me!!!" And he willingly (no matter how much it kills him) complies. Am I alone in this one?
- (had to add one in) The highlight of my life is my little neice Josephine. Every time I look at a picture of her, and her pics are plastered over the walls of my office, I smile. She makes me so happy and I am so greatful she came into our family!!!!
*I tag Steph, Katie, Lindsay, Chris, & Kirsten...ignore this if you've already been "tagged"
Friday, December 7, 2007
I am a total 100% Glenn Beck fan. And much to my surprise, I hear on the AM radio yesterday morning that he will be doing a book signing tomorrow from 9:30-10:30. So you KNOW where I will be tomorrow morning. I love this guy. He coverted to Mormonism after marrying his wife, he is a hilarious talk show/TV host, and I cannot get enough of him. He just "GETS" it. Apparently he is coming to the E center and is already sold out. If you wanna party with me at the book signing, call me tomorrow am early. It's sure to be a good time. Plus, It is at the Deseret Book in Fort Union, so we can have yummy rolls from the Lion House Bakery while we wait.
I know, I know. I will end up going alone. But that's OK! I'll bring some rolls back!
You'll be missing out suckahs!
I know, I know. I will end up going alone. But that's OK! I'll bring some rolls back!
You'll be missing out suckahs!